Are you a single female, size 8 and live in or near San Francisco? No, I'm not about to tell you about some new dating site. I'm talking about an Ann Taylor sample sale in the Bay Area, where thousands of Spring arrivals will be sold for $3 to $12 each.
The sale takes place at A Miner Miracle's Shop in San Francisco this Saturday, June 12 and Monday, June 14. All proceeds benefit A Miner Miracle, a local non-profit that provides professional clothing and image counseling to low-income individuals seeking employment. A great deal for a great cause, can't beat that. Here are some tips for the sale:
- Ann Taylor's sample size is traditionally a size 8. So, if that's your size, you're in luck! You'll also find other sizes in the mix. I'm not an 8 and I found plenty of items to choose from.
- Most, if not all items will have "Sample" stamped somewhere on them. You may need to get the clothes dry cleaned, which should be factored into the price.
- Visit throughout each day to find new merchandise as the store is restocked hourly.
- Be prepared to search through boxes of unsorted clothing and try them on in communal dressing rooms. Wear clothes that are easy to change in and out of.
- Don't buy clothing that doesn't fit well. Take your time and try on as much as you can before you buy. $3 to $12 can add up fast, and buying clothes you won't wear is a waste of money!