Who says chivalry is dead? Dockers sure doesn’t. And to prove it, they’re asking men to "Wear The Pants" and practice being gentlemen. So, this Mother's Day, they're sending out 100 khaki-clad men to the streets of New York and San Francisco to conduct 10,000 acts of chivalry. They'll be giving out roses, opening doors, carrying luggage, hailing cabs, giving directions, and more. I might have to grab my mom and make a special trip for this!
The khaki-clad men will be performing chivalrous acts from 10am to 2pm on Sunday, May 9, 2010, with 25 acts per khaki-clad man per hour in New York and San Francisco. To witness, join, or experience their efforts, here's where you can find them on Sunday:
New York: Times Square, Bryant Park, and Broadway Matinee Shows
San Francisco: Union Square, Ferry Building, and the Cow Hollow Area
Their hope is to set an example for men of all ages, and prove that chivalry is alive and well. Dockers is encouraging men of all ages to perform their own acts of chivalry, wherever they are. It doesn't have to only be on Mother's Day, but that's a good day to start!
To celebrate this special occasion, Dockers is giving me 5 pairs of pants to give away to my readers! The giveaway will end on Wednesday, May 12 at 11:59pm PST. There are multiple ways to enter, listed below:
- Wear the Pants Giveaway: Win 1 of 5 free pants from Dockers & @MissBargainista http://bit.ly/dr9LMq #chivalryisnotdead
- Practice chivalry & win 1 of 5 free pants from Dockers & @MissBargainista. http://bit.ly/dr9LMq #chivalryisnotdead
- Write who you would give the pants to on the Miss Bargainista wall, even if you would keep them yourself!
- Encourage your friends to "like" Miss Bargainista and Dockers on Facebook and write on the Miss Bargainista wall that you sent them. Both of you will receive an entry.
3. Subscribe to Miss Bargainista with Google Friend Connect and leave a comment below that you did.
4. Subscribe to the Miss Bargainista RSS feed or e-mails and leave a comment below that you did.
That's it! Good luck. Remember, I can give away 5 pairs, so the odds are good!
This giveaway has ended. Winners will be announced on Saturday, May 15.
1. Jessica H.L. (GFC entry)
2. Lydia A. (Facebook entry)
3. Cindi H. (cmh512)
4. Katy Y. (kitkat234)
5. Michelle M. (pinkblush99)
If your name is listed above, you won a pair of Dockers pants! E-mail me by clicking the "Contact" button above, and tell me the size, your name, and address to send the pants to. I believe these are men's pants, but will contact Dockers on Monday to confirm. If you prefer women's pants, please say so and tell me what size you wear. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your participation!